TIPS Training & Certification Online - Massachusetts & 36 More States!
The TIPS program was first developed in 1982 by Dr. Morris Chafetz. Dr. Chafetz was the founding director of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) is now the global leader in education and training for the responsible service, sale, and consumption of alcohol.
Proven effective by third-party studies, TIPS is a skills-based training program that is designed to prevent intoxication, underage drinking, and drunk driving by enhancing the fundamental "people skills" of servers, sellers and consumers of alcohol.
TIPS gives individuals the knowledge and confidence they need to recognize potential alcohol-related problems and intervene to prevent alcohol-related tragedies. Tips now offers the convenience of obtaining your original certification or renewing your existing TIPS certification online.
TIPS sessions can be administered through a certified TIPS Trainer or through eTIPS, an online responsible alcohol training program. Training conducted by a trainer is implemented through video and printed materials to facilitate discussion of the course content. Course material is presented in three sections: Information, Skills Training and Practice/Rehearsal.
TIPS Alcohol Online Training is valid in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, California, Michigan, New York, Rhode Island and 25 additional states! TIPS online is also BASSET approved for certification in Illinois and Utah Department of Health and Human Services approved for use in Utah and Wisconsin Dept. of Revenue approved for their required "Bartender License".
Register for TIPS Alcohol Online Training Here!
Off Premise is for:
Liquor, Grocery &
On Premise is for:
Hotels & Night Clubs.
Liquor by the Drink.
TIPS Online Alcohol Training is Approved/Accepted in These States:
- Click on the "Take The Course" button above.
- Look for the flashing pointers and fill in your address where you work. The form will then tell you if eTIPS is approved by your state agency. The message will appear directly below the state you selected.
- Fill out the form and click the "Proceed" button at the bottom left of the page.
- Review your registration information and click on the "Register" button.
- Continue on with the registration process and pay for the course.
- Take the course online.
- Take the test online. Print your temporary Diploma immediately.
- Receive your Tips Certification card and Diploma in 7 to 10 business days by US mail.
Benefits of TIPS Certification & Training Online
- Legal Protection - In third-party liquor liability lawsuits, TIPS provides a "reasonable efforts" defense.
- Regulatory Compliance - TIPS training satisfies the requirements in most states that regulate server training
- Insurance Discounts - Many insurance companies provide discounts to establishments whose employees are TIPS-certified.
- Staff Professionalism - TIPS training enhances the skills of your employees who in turn offer improved service to your customers.
- Enhanced Community Standing - TIPS leads the way in framing the debate about responsible alcohol service and clarifying the distinction between drinking and drunkenness.
- Online Support - TIPS provides extensive online support for our customers and partners. Our web-based tools are used throughout the industry by all parties concerned with alcohol server training - trainers, servers and bartenders, licensees, insurance providers, and state regulators. Tech. Support 1-800-438-8477
- Obtaining Employment - Being TIPS certified is required by many insurance companies and establishments. If you already have your TIPS certification card, an employer may be more willing to choose you over the bartender or server that is not already TIPS certified.
- Customer Service - Industry studies have shown that customers believe they recieve better service from TIPS trained servers due to the increased attention they receive. These studies also show that the increased customer satisfaction results in higher earning for the server.